I’ve always been a dreamer but with no idea how to make my dreams come true. Even worse, I didn’t think I had to make things happen. I thought things would just work themselves out or magically fall in my lap.
Maybe this was a result of growing up watching too much TV, but over the years I’ve learned what it takes to make dreams a reality and it’s not fairy dust.
“Insight without action is worthless.” ― Marie Forleo
1. Stop hoping for things to happen. It’s great to learn, but if you’re not going to take action no amount of knowledge is going to make a difference.
2. Learn to say no. Your time is precious so stop saying yes to things you don’t really want to do or to people you just don’t want to be around.
3. Don’t follow the crowd. The crowd isn’t going to take you where you want to be unless it’s the line up at Costco.
4. Make a difference. Volunteer more in the community and get involved in causes your care about. Helping others will feed your soul.
5. It’s not going to get any easier. Things are only going to get busier and you’ll have to learn how to juggle work, kids and so much more. So realize how easy you really have it and take advantage of it.
6. Stop sleeping in. Having a strong morning routine that involves meditation, reading and exercise is going to get you much further in life than the snooze button.
7. Read everything you can get your hands on. A few books a year isn’t cutting it. Most CEO’s read four to five books a month. You love reading so do more of it.
8. Get out of your comfort zone. You’re shy and self-conscious, but do something that scares you. It’s the only thing that will build your confidence and courage.
9. Let go of those behaviours, beliefs, and habits that aren’t serving you anymore. Once your get rid of the negativity, amazing things will flow into your life.
10. Stop caring what people think. No matter how hard you try, you’ll never be able to please everyone so put your attention on what matters and let go of what doesn’t.
11. Be successful at what you love. Success is great but being successful going for your dream and doing what you love is the best thing ever.
“The road to someday leads to a town called nowhere.” ― Tony Robbins Tweet This!
12. Stop putting things off. Commit to what you want and start going for it, one small step at a time. Aim for progress and not perfection.
13. Start loving yourself. You are enough. Know that and carry that simple truth with you wherever you go and whatever you do.
14. Believe in yourself. The world is going to tell you everything you should and shouldn’t be. Choose to believe in yourself, your talents and your abilities instead.
15. Celebrate your uniqueness. Own your differences and embrace what makes you special.
16. Learn from obstacles. You will fall and sometimes fall hard but learn to get up fast.
17. Dream big. We only have one chance at life so give it all you got. Chase after your wildest dreams. And hold a big enough vision so when the road gets tough you’ll have the grit to keep going. Tweet This!
18. Walk away from drama and stop letting it eat you up inside. It’s toxic on every level.
19. Stop making excuses. You don’t know where to start, it’s too hard and you’re too tired. Call these what they are ― excuses and realize that you’re better than that.
20. Speak up. It’s tough but learn to say what you feel with kindness and love.
21. Trust yourself. You know what’s best for you, not anyone else. Trust your inner guidance.
22. Be grateful. We all have something amazing buried deep inside of us. Be grateful for all of your gifts and use them to do good in the world.
23. Watch less TV. The Young and the Restless isn’t going anywhere. In fact, it’s still on now. So you’re not missing anything by watching less. There’s so many other things you need to be doing. Turn the TV off and hid the remote or maybe just get rid of it all together.
24. Be kinder to yourself. You’re not perfect but that’s okay. Embrace being authentic and real. People will respect you for it and you’ll respect yourself too.
25. Enjoy today. The days keep flying by so stop to bask in the sunshine, help someone in need and truly enjoy the beauty of every day.
“The trouble is, you think you have time.” ― Buddha
You have the chance now to take the reins and live life to the fullest. So smarten up sweetheart and use your new found knowledge to live your best life.
What advice do you wish you could give your younger self?
Discover ways to simply live your best life ― subscribe to my posts.
If you’d like to read more…
- You’ll Seriously Regret These Life Choices Forever And What to do About Them
- How Creating A Meaningful Morning Routine Will Make You More Successful
- Most CEOs Read A Book A Week. This Is How You Can Too